Sunday, October 23, 2011

Money Woes

Okay. Here I sit..my mind venturing out to the unknown. I just literally checked my lottery ticket and was immediately informed by  www.lottery.ok.gov/  that it was not a prize winner. Surprise, surprise. Am I going to give up on my noble venture for more capital? Heck no. I'm convinced, and much to my husband's chagrin, that I am a winner - it just hasn't happened yet.
I can sit here for incalculable amounts of time daydreaming about what I'm going to do with all that money. 
I think my list is about the same as most people's...take care of my family, my husband's family, maybe a friend or two..Travel. Definitely travel. It's just not fair that most people like us won't ever get to see many of the most magical places on earth. Why can't we be continent-hopping celebrities in our own right? 
Ahhh money. Strange how pieces of paper can change lives. Strange how it can be a blessing to some or a curse to others. People kill for it. It's pretty serious stuff.
I find myself frustrated when thinking that celebrities and pro-athletes make millions of dollars. The rest of us are working jobs that keep the economy chugging along, and I'm willing to bet you live payday to payday like I do. So what's the answer? How can we get our hands on large quantities of dough? If you know the answer, I'm listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment